Thursday, August 17, 2017

Naples

Location: Naples, Italy
I never thought of going to Naples, I got suddenly chance to fly Naples for a conference in Viesta. I have stayed almost 2 Days in Naples. Because of catching trains to conference and heat I was tied and I didn't manage to visit must visit places around Naples --Pompeii, Capri, Mount Vesuvius, but I have walked around the Naples city and saw some nice places.
I started my walk from Napoli centrale train station and walked to old town towards Piazza Capuana et Porta Capuana. There I saw City walls build by spanishes, the Renaissance style gate built around 1490. Touching the walls there is there church, architecture inside the church is amazing. I saw some Italian film shooting happing outside this church.  Many local things and tourist shops can be seen in this big one long pedestrian street.







Naples Cathedral-This is main Roman catholic church of Naples. It is also known as Cattedrale di San Gennaro. Art work in this church is very nice, details of stone work is so good and artists interest in every single detail is appreciable.








I walked along the big street where only pedestrians are allowed but you can see some local cars going here and there. My local Italian friend had recommended this famous pizza shop of Naples Sorbillo, after walking long way in hot weather I found this place but it is very busy, not able to go inside (feeling sorry).   
Sea food seems very popular in this part of Italy 
I have tasted local sweet Sfogliatelle it is delicious.
I climbed hilltop near Certosa Di San Martino to reach Castel Sant'Elmo. Views from this hill top overlooking Naples are amazing. I recommend to go to this place to catch the views. I am not sure what is inside, because of time restrictions i have to end my day 1 trip on top of this hill. I got one more day to see after 2 days at Conference.
My date 2 at Naples started after Conference
I started from train station, It is very hard to walk with big bag on hot weather, I recommend walk light and drink lot of weather. I decided to have pizza at Sorabilla and dump the bag at hostel, again there is huge cue at Sorabilla because I was hungry I couldn't able to wait. On the way to hotel I saw some this nice construction enclosed in glass. 
I dumped my bag at hostel, hostel seems nice. After lunch at some pizza shop, I started walking towards castles and harbour. This part of Naples seems totally different than what I saw on the other day. First day city seems crowded and dirty but wit lot of old local feeling. This part of city is very clean and attractive to tourists. 
My first stop is at Castel Nuovo, It looks amazing with black and white walls, this is huge. I didn't go inside but It looks marvelous from outside. After seeing many castles in UK, I don't bother to go inside every castle until unless I got time. 




I continue my walk with in 5minutes you can reach Piazza del Plebiscito. This is like a big square that can be used for organising events and gathering place. There is one nice church and royal palace. I heard it is worth going in, I didn't have time to, I have decided to go walk in the city and relax. 
Royal Palace of Naples


If you continue walk towards the harbour, you can see park that has nice entrance and later Ovo Castle.
Ovo Castle or Castel dell'Ovo is a seaside castlelcoated on island of Megaride.
I spent lot of time relaxing here at Pizza village near sea coast, It is very nice here with cold sea breeze on hot day. This area is full of local people with families came around to hangout and tourists. There is Pizza village event with lot of pizza shops and live music stage. I had mozzarella pizza and watching the live music event.
Mount Vesuvius view from Naples, It is best know for eruption in AD79 and burying roman cities Pompeii and Herculaneum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment